Bring your family and friends and join us for Prairie Harvest Fest for free, fall-themed food and activities
Painted Prairie, a neo-traditional master-planned community in Aurora, announces the next socially-distanced event for the fall. The event features free fall-themed food and activity pairings in a street fair fashion throughout the community. The event is October 10, 2020 from 1:30 p.m. to 5:30 p.m. at 6000 Picadilly Road, Aurora (across from the Gaylord of the Rockies Convention Center).
The streets at Painted Prairie will come alive with all things fall, featuring seasonal craft and food tents, fall-themed activities and amazing décor for those fall-themed Instagram-worthy family pictures! A few of the activities planned include the following:
- Pumpkin carving demonstrations by master carver, Grampa Bardeen. Completed pumpkins showcased at each of our 13 stunning model homes. While you’re out touring, check out the homes’ spectacular porch décor.
- Socially distant hayrides throughout the Painted Prairie community. Catch a glimpse of all seven unique parks, including the 22-acre High Prairie Park.
- Pumpkin patch selling high-quality pumpkins in varied sizes, shapes and colors from metro local Heinies Market. With 100% of the proceeds benefitting the Home Builder Foundation, a charity dedicated to building independence, providing opportunities and elevating lives for individuals and families with disabilities in our community.
- Prize-winning Wizard of Oz-themed scavenger hunt. Find Dorothy and friends throughout the neighborhood and answer a riddle or two along the way.
- Fascinating craft and activity booths featuring live watercolor painting, pottery and jewelry making, and Nature’s Educators displaying live indigenous prairie critters.
- Food trucks and booths serving up fall comfort snacks and sips: pumpkin pie, popcorn, candied apples, hot cider, brats, and non-alcoholic beer tastings.
- Fall Photo Vignettes: Children are encouraged to dress in costume for seasonal photo opps sprinkled around the community.
The Prairie Harvest Fest is a FREE event, however you must RSVP to save your time slot to ensure social distance guidelines are being followed for the event. Upon registration, you will receive important health and safety guidelines to follow during the event.
To further enhance your experience and visit, register for the Painted Prairie app at: app.lifeatpaintedprairie.com/register/.